Wales Strategic Migration Partnership (WSMP)
Enabling a rights based approach to the inclusion of asylum seekers, refugees and migrants in Wales
The Wales Strategic Migration Partnership (WSMP) is funded by the Home Office and is based at the Welsh Local Government Association. WSMP provides strategic leadership, and an advisory and consultative body on migration in Wales.
- Enable strategic and political oversight on asylum, refugee and economic migration issues in Wales - mechanism to link with national and UK structures.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, and identifying and facilitating opportunities for collaborative working and discussion and debate
- Ensure positive local delivery and promotion of community cohesion.
- Monitor migration impacts and trends, and raise awareness of issues, risks and opportunities with the regional/national area to inform policy.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of local and national migration policy.
- Work with local delivery partners to design and oversee delivery of services that meet migrants' needs in Wales.
- Engage and communicate with national, regional and local stakeholders.
- Act as a conduit for two-way information flow between Home Office, other government departments and regional/national partners.
- Engage Refugee Communities in developing policy.
Rydyn ni wrthi’n cyfieithu gwefan Partneriaeth Strategol Materion Mewnfudo Cymru. Ymddiheuriadau am unrhyw anghyfleustra.
The Wales Strategic Migration Partnership website is currently undergoing translation into Welsh. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
Published on: 10 September 2015