Wales Strategic Migration Partnership
The WMP Board is made up of those organisations with an interest in migration who operate at a Wales strategic level. The following organisations are represented on our Board:
- Association of Directors of education in Wales
- Association of Directors of Social Services
- British Red Cross
- Displaced People in Action
- Equality Human Rights Commission
- Elected members from the four dispersal cluster areas (Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Wrexham)
- Faith Communities (represented by CYTUN)
- Welsh Local Government Association
- UK Border Agency
- Welsh Government
- Welsh Association of Chief Police Officers
- Welsh Refugee Council
The Executive Group of the WMP meets quarterly and takes a strategic overview on refugee, asylum and migration issues in Wales.
In addition to these quarterly meetings, regular multi-agency meetings are held in each of the 'cluster' areas (where asylum seekers live) to provide a forum for migration issues to be raised, share information and good practice through all the key agencies working together.
The Chair of the Board is Reverend Aled Edwards OBE (CYTUN).
Published on: 26 March 2010