Wales Strategic Migration Partnership
The WSMP Board is made up of those organisations with an interest in migration who operate at a Wales strategic level. The following organisations are represented on our Board:
- British Red Cross
- Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
- Department for Work & Pensions
- Displaced People in Action
- Equality Human Rights Commission
- Elected members
- Faith Communities (represented by CYTUN)
- Job Centre Plus
- Legal Aid Agency
- Migrant Help
- Private Sector Providers operating in Wales
- UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI)
- Welsh Government
- Welsh Local Government Association
- Welsh Refugee Council
- Other voluntary groups who operate on a national or local level
The Executive Group of the WSMP meets quarterly and takes a strategic overview on refugee, asylum and migration issues in Wales.
In addition to these quarterly meetings, regular multi-agency meetings are held in each of the 'cluster' areas (where asylum seekers live) to provide a forum for migration issues to be raised, share information and good practice through all the key agencies working together.
The Chair of the Board is Reverend Aled Edwards OBE (CYTUN).
Published on: 10 September 2015